Telehealth Appointments Now Available
CSG pediatric specialists are now offering secure and convenient appointments via telehealth. This means that your child can get the care they need from the CSG physician or advanced practice provider you trust … all from the safety and comfort of your home. Read more about how the process works here. To schedule a telehealth appointment, call (757) 668-8616.
A Focus on Comfort
No matter how hard we try, children suffer pain — whether from an accident or injury, or from necessary treatment. The pain and palliative care program at CHKD offers acute and chronic pain management for pediatric patients.
We also provide palliative care — comfort care — to children who have life-limiting illnesses, or chronic, complex medical conditions. Our goal is to make sure patients are living as well as possible, for as long as possible, while ensuring that the needs and wishes of families stay at the forefront of our care.
How We Help
We work closely with the patient’s medical care team to create a comprehensive plan that provides comfort and support with a focus on quality of life.
Our Services Include:
- Treatment for acute or short-lived pain related to illness or injury.
- Treatment for chronic pain.
- Care and support at any stage of illness.
- Management of distressing symptoms associated with life-limiting illnesses.
- Promoting healing and comfort with a child and family-centered approach.
- Providing communications about the illness process and options for care.
- Helping patients and families make decisions consistent with what is most important to them.
- Advanced care planning.
CHKD Main Hospital
601 Children's Ln
Norfolk, VA 23518