Telehealth Appointments Now Available
CSG specialists are now offering secure and convenient appointments via telehealth. This means that your child can get the care they need from the CSG physician you trust … all from the safety and comfort of your home. Read more about how the process works here. To schedule a telehealth appointment, call (757) 668-6984.
CHKD’s breastfeeding medicine program offers services designed to identify and treat feeding challenges of both breastfeeding mothers and their babies. Our medical team includes pediatricians who are specifically trained in breastfeeding medicine, along with access to pediatric ear, nose, and throat specialists and CHKD speech and occupational therapists.
During appointments, mothers and their babies are each registered as patients and seen together. Our goal is to create a comprehensive plan to meet the needs of everyone involved. Before being evaluated by our team, babies must have been seen by their primary care provider after birth.
Outpatient services provided by the breastfeeding medicine program at CHKD include evaluation and treatment for the following:
- Latch difficulties
- Low milk supply and oversupply
- Sore nipples, plugged ducts, and engorgement
- Breastfeeding assistance for premature babies, multiple gestation (twins and triplets), and babies with complex medical issues
- Slow weight gain
- Nipple or breast infections
- Tongue-tie or lip-tie issues with the infant
- Breastfeeding challenges following maternal breast surgery
Princess Anne Office
2021 Concert Dr
Virginia Beach, VA 23456