Listed below are some of the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to billing. Clicking the question will expand the box containing the corresponding answer.
Does Children’s Specialty Group participate with my Insurance Plan?
CSG Participates with the following Commercial and governmental Third Party Insurers;
- Aetna HealthCare (PPO)
- First Health
- CCCP Aetna Better Health (MCD MCO)
- Southern Health
- Anthem BCBS and affiliate out of state plans
- Comprehensive plans
- PPO, HRA, HSA, & POS plans
- HealthKeepers Inc.
- Cigna Health Plan
- Humana and CCCP Humana
- Optima Health Plan
- United HealthCare
CSG Participates with the following state Medicaid plans:
- Virginia Medicaid
- Optima Family Care, Famis Optima Family Care, and CCCP Optima Health Community Care
- HealthKeepers Plus, Famis HealthKeepers Plus, and CCCP HealthKeepers Commonwealth Coordinated Care
- Aetna Better Health of VA, Famis Aetna Better Health of VA, and CCCP Aetna Better Health of VA
- Magellan Complete Care of VA, Famis Magellan Complete Care of VA, and CCCP Magellan Complete Care of VA
- CCCP United HealthCare Community Plan
CSG Participates with the following Out of State Medicaid plans:
- North Carolina Medicaid, North Carolina Access, and North Carolina Health Choice
- Pennsylvania Medicaid (straight PA Medicaid ONLY)
When and how often will I receive a billing statement?
An itemized statement is mailed out after services are rendered. You may opt to receive an “e-statement” via CSG’s patient portal.
Monthly statements will be mailed to the guarantor’s home address provided at the time your child was registered at his/her appointment.
Will I receive an itemized billing statement?
Yes, your first statement will be itemized. If the balance is not paid in full within 30-days of the first statement, your next statement(s) will show a “balance forward” amount only. Details are only provided on the first statement for each service date.
Who do I contact if I have not received a billing statement?
What if I cannot pay in FULL?
If you are unable to pay in FULL or are experiencing financial difficulties you may contact our customer service team at 757-668-7200 and a mutually acceptable payment plan will be established.
How do I update my insurance information if it has changed?
Contact Children’s Specialty Group’s Central Business Office with insurance updates. There are three methods to contact CSG’s customer service department.
What is a deductible?
This is an amount you are responsible for based on the type of coverage you have selected with your insurance company.
What is the difference between my co-pay and coinsurance?
A co-pay is the amount designated by your carrier that identifies a set amount for the office visit. Typically there is one for your primary care provider and a different amount due a specialty provider.
Co-insurance is a percentage due, determined by your benefit plan and the contract with your carrier and your provider.
How is my cost share determined for my Health Savings Account (HSA, HIA and HRA plans)?
Health Savings, Health Incentive and/or Health Reimbursement plans are typically high deductible plans (i.e. $3,000-$6,000) where patients, families must pay the full insurance allowance for the services rendered. Once these high deductibles are met their benefits under a PPO reimbursement would activate.
When will I receive a refund?
- Overpayment refunds will be processed and mailed within 30 days or;
- Overpayments will be applied to open balances.
- If you have any questions, please contact Children’s Specialty Group’s Central Business office.