American Board of Otolaryngology
Indiana University School of Medicine
University of Pittsburgh
House Ear Clinic Otology & Neurotology
Dr. Moody Antonio, a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, practices otology and neurotology, a surgical subspecialty focused on children with hearing loss, chronic ear infections, malformations of the ear, and tumors of the ear.
She enjoys caring for children of all ages and has a reputation of being a very caring, patient and thorough clinician and surgeon. She believes parents should be fully educated on the conditions facing their child and strives to answer every question from both parents and child.
Her training included a residency in otolaryngology, research in pediatric otolaryngology, and a two-year fellowship in otology and neurotology at the renowned House Ear Clinic in Los Angeles. She is passionate about hearing loss in infants and children and leads the EVMS/CHKD Cochlear Implant Program, a program that offers family-centered comprehensive treatment for hearing loss, including hearing aids, cochlear implants, implantable hearing aids, auditory-verbal therapy, and family support services.
She advocates for resources for children with hearing loss nationally and locally as the state champion for Virginia for the American Cochlear Implant Alliance and as a board member of the Coalition for Hearing Education and Research (CHEAR). Through CHEAR, she was instrumental in the foundation of oral education programs for children with hearing impairment and she founded and continues to maintain the CHEAR Hearing Aid Assistance Program, which provides low-cost hearing aids to people with low incomes.
She serves on the editorial board of Otology & Neurotology and is a frequent reviewer for the Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. She has been the recipient of several awards including Influential Women of Virginia, U.S. News Top Doctor, Top 10 Otolaryngologists and Castle Connolly’s Top Doctors.
She lives in Virginia Beach with her daughter, husband, goldendoodle and ragdoll cat. She is the mother of an early teen girl and enjoys spending time with her on the soccer field, playing games, skiing, or visiting new cities.
- Cochlear Implantation
- Inner ear malformations
- Cochlear Implantation
- Meniere’s Disease
- Learning curves
Honors and Awards:
- Health Care Hero, Inside Business 2017
- Hampton Roads Top 40 under 40
- Castle Connelly’s Top Doctors
- U.S. News and World Reports Top Doctors
- Virginia’s Most Influential Women
- Hometown Hero’s Healthcare Achievement Award
- Best Doctors in America
Dr. Moody Antonio’s published research can be viewed at PubMed
Community Involvement and Memberships:
- CHEAR Coalition for Hearing Education and Research
- Society for University Otolaryngologists
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- American Cochlear Implant Alliance
- SENTAC Society for Ear, Nose and Throat Advances in Children
- American Neurotology Society, Fellow
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- The Medical Society of Virginia
- Tidewater Otolaryngology & Ophthalmology Society
- Virginia Society of Otolaryngology
- Surgical Services Executive Committee for Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
- Surgical Authorities Committee, Children’s Hospital of the Kings Daughters
CHKD Main Hospital
601 Children's Ln
Norfolk, VA 23518
500 Discovery Dr
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Oyster Point Office
11783 Rock Landing Drive
Newport News, VA 23606
Princess Anne Office
2021 Concert Dr
Virginia Beach, VA 23456