American Board of Pediatrics
American University of Beirut
Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Indiana University School of Medicine
Dr. Ammoury was born and raised in Lebanon where she completed medical school at the American University of Beirut. She completed her residency in pediatrics at Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital where she was recipient of a research award in the field of pediatric gastroenterology. She then went to complete a fellowship in pediatric gastroenterology at Indiana University, Riley Hospital for Children. Dr. Ammoury takes part in the ImproveCareNow Network, a multi-center collaborative that provides quality improvement techniques and tools that enable participating care providers to achieve the model IBD care practices.
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Celiac disease
- Esophageal diseases including eosinophilic esophagitis and gastroesophageal reflux
- Functional abdominal pain
- Stress markers and gut microbiome in pediatric patients with recurrent abdominal pain
- Milk protein intolerance in infants
- Quality techniques in IBD care practices
Honors and Awards:
- Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Doc” 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Best retrospective research project,17th Annual Douglas S. Moodie, Pediatric Research Day ( 2006)
- Rana Ammoury MD, John Emhardt MD, William Aitchison MD, Debra Horn RN, Joseph Croffie MD. Can Colonic Manometry Studies be Done on the Day of Colonic Motility Catheter Placement? J Peidatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2012;55(3):278-82.
- Rana Ammoury MD, Marian Pfefferkorn MD. Significance of Esophageal Involvement in Pediatric Crohn’s Patients. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2011;52(3):291-294.
- Rana Ammoury MD, Marc Rosenman PhD, Sandeep Gupta MD. Incidental gastric eosinophils in patients with Eosinophilic Esophagitis: Do they Matter? J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2010;51(6):723-6.
- Ammoury RF, Heptulla RA, Tatevian N, Elenberg E. Laparoscopic adrenalectomy of an adrenal adenoma with myelolipoma relieves severe hypertension in a 16-year-old patient. Pediatric Nephrology. 2006; 21:433-436.
- Ammoury RF, Ghishan FK. Inborn Errors of Carbohydrate Metabolism. In FJ Suchy &RJ Sokol & WF Ballistreri, Liver Diseases in Children (4th ed).
- Ammoury RF, Ghishan FK. Diarrhea and Its Clinical Implications. In FK Ghishan, & HM Said, Physiology of the Gastrointestinal Tract (5th ed).
- Ammoury RF, Croffie JM. Malabsorptive disorders of childhood. Pediatrics in Review 2010;31:407-416.
- Ammoury, RF and Gupta SK 2010. Colic and Gastrointestinal Gas. In R. Wiley, & J. Hyams, Pediatric Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. (4th ed).
- Ammoury RF, Gupta SK. Mepolizumab in the Treatment of Eosinophilic Esophagitis. Therapy. 2009; 6:231-237.
- Ammoury RF, Pfefferkorn MD, Croffie JM. Chronic Abdominal Pain in Children: Past and Present. World Journal of Pediatrics. 2009;5(2):103-112.
Community Involvement and Memberships:
North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
American Gastroenterological Association
American College of Gastroenterology
Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (Expert panel member of the task force created by the Arizona Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics and its Pediatric Council to establish best practices for childhood obesity prevention, assessment and treatment).
CHKD Main Hospital
601 Children's Ln
Norfolk, VA 23518
Harbour View North Office
5832 Harbour View Blvd
Suffolk, VA 23435
500 Discovery Dr
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Oyster Point Office
11783 Rock Landing Drive
Newport News, VA 23606
Princess Anne Office
2021 Concert Dr
Virginia Beach, VA 23456