American Board of Pediatrics
Des Moines University
Ascension St. Vincent Hospitals
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
UT Health Houston-McGovern Medical School
Dr. Ewing comes to CSG from MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital where she specialized in pediatric cancer critical care for three years.
As a previous US Navy flight surgeon, Dr. Ewing is excited to call the Tidewater area home again. Native to Iowa, once she found the ocean, she never wanted to leave it.
When not at work, she can be found running, biking, or baking with her two children.
- Pediatric Cancer Critical Care
- Cancer Critical Care
- Safety in Healthcare
Honors and Awards:
- University of Texas MD Anderson President’s Faculty Excellence in Education & Mentorship Advancement Award (2021)
- Harbor-UCLA Research Day 1st place: Best Research Poster Presentation (2021)
- Harbor-UCLA Research Day 2nd place: Best Oral Presentation (2019)
- Harbor-UCLA David T. Imagawa’s Travel Award (2019)
- Top Five United States Navy medical providers for patient satisfaction (2010)
- Des Moines University Oncology Honor Society (2004)
- Ewing LJ, Domico M, Ramirez R, Starr JP, Lam D, Mink R. Measuring the Energy Expenditure in Children on Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation: A Prospective Pilot Study. ASAIO, 22 April 2022.
- Gardner MK, Amado PJ, Baig MU, Mohiuddin S, Harden A, Ewing LJ, Razvi S, Cortes JA, Mejia R, Petropoulos D, Tewari P, Ahmad AH. Implementing Rounding Checklists in a Pediatric Oncologic Intensive Care Unit. Children. 2022 April 18;9(4).
- Ahmad AH, Brown BD, Andersen CR, Mahadeo KM, Petropoulos D, Cortes JA, Razvi S, Gardner MK, Ewing LJ, Mejia R. Retrospective Review of Flexible Bronchoscopy in Pediatric Cancer Patients. Frontiers in Oncology Vol 11:770523.
- Ragoonanan DS, Khalal SJ, Mejia R, Ewing L, Durand JB, Bashoura L, Tayar JH, Dailey-Garnes N, Petropoulos D, Tewari P, Bhatti MM, Ahmad A, Cortes J, Razvi S, McBeth K, Swinford R, Shoberu B, Waseemuddin W, Chi L, Gill J, Zaky W, Najat Daw, Gutierrez C, Tereffe W, Kebriaei P, Rezvani K, Shpall E, Champlin R, Mahadeo KM. Cancer immunotherapy, severe immune-related adverse events, multi-Inflammatory syndrome and severe acute respiratory syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). Frontiers in Oncology. 2021 Feb 4; 11:625707.
- Ewing, LJ, Rogelio R, Starr J, Lam D Mink R. Measuring the Resting Energy Expenditure of Children While on ECMO: A Pilot Study. Critical Care Medicine Vol 47(1) 2018.
- Book Chapter 48: Postoperative care: special considerations, Hagberg: Perioperative Care of the Cancer Patient, 2021. In Press.
Community Involvement and Memberships:
Previous Guardian ad Litem
American Academy of Pediatrics
Society of Critical Care Medicine
CHKD Main Hospital
601 Children's Ln
Norfolk, VA 23518