American Board of Pediatrics American Board of Pediatric Allergy & Immunology Pediatric/Adult Immunology
New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine
Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
University of Mississippi
Dr. Moore completed her pediatric residency at the Naval Medical Center of Portsmouth in 2011. After completing seven years in the Navy as a pediatrician, she knew she wanted to return to Hampton Roads, where she could join CHKD and care for diverse military and non-military families. Through Dr. Moore’s experience as a general pediatrician, she has an understanding of the overlap of common pediatric issues with the field of allergy/immunology. As a former college soccer player, Dr. Moore has an acute interest in keeping children and young adults, in particular those with asthma, active in sports. She has conducted research on how exercise symptoms are managed in children with asthma and plans to continue this work over the course of her time at CHKD. She lives in Norfolk with her husband, son, and Labrador retriever.
- Exercise-induced bronchoconstriction
- Stinging insect allergy
- Food allergy
- Exercise-induced bronchoconstriction (exercise-induced asthma)
Honors and Awards:
- Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Docs” 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Moore, LE, Stewart P, deShazo R. Food Allergy: What we know now. Publication pending American Journal of Medical Sciences 2017.
- Yu H, Zhang VW, Stray-Pedersen A, Hanson IC, Forbes LR, Morena MT, Gorman E, Mendelsohn NJ, Pozos TC, Chinn I, Wiszniewski WK, Nicholas SK, Yates AB, Moore LE, Berge KE, Sorte H, Bayer DK, Zahrani DAL, Geha RS, Cohen E, Feng Y, Wang G, Bagley K, Orange JS, Lupski JR, Wang J, Wong LJC. Comprehensive Clinical Evaluation of Primary Immunodeficiency by Next Generation Sequencing. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2016 Oct:138(4):1142-1151.
- Moore, LE, Kemp AM, Kemp SF. “Recognition, Treatment, and Prevention of Anaphylaxis.” Immunol Allergy Clin N Am.35 (2015) 363-374.
- Moore L., Marshall G., Seals S., Rodriguez R., Yates A., Dave N. Assessment of pediatric asthma care by primary care providers in Mississippi using an online questionnaire. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2016 Nov;117(5)S58.
- Yu H, Zhang VW, Stray-Pedersen A, Hanson IC, Forbes LR, Morena MT, Gorman E, Mendelsohn NJ, Pozos TC, Chinn I, Wiszniewski WK, Nicholas SK, Yates AB, Moore LE, Berge KE, Sorte H, Bayer DK, Zahrani DAL, Geha RS, Cohen E, Feng Y, Wang G, Bagley K, Orange JS, Lupski JR, Wang J, Wong LJC. Comprehensive Clinical Evaluation of Primary Immunodeficiency by Next Generation Sequencing. Journal of Clinical Immunology 36: 236-237.
- Moore LE, Rodriguez R. “Idiopathic CD4+ and CD8+ Lymphopenia in a pediatric patient with a mistaken case of psoriasis. Journal of Investigative Medicine. 64 ;2(2015). 643-644.
- Moore LE, Zhou L, Yates AB. “Early Onset of Marked Lymphopenia, Neutropenia and Mild Thrombocytopenia in an African-American Girl.” Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2014 Nov;113(5)S1:A93
Fort Norfolk Office
301 Riverview Avenue
Norfolk, Virginia 23510
Harbour View North Office
5832 Harbour View Blvd
Suffolk, VA 23435
1924 Landstown Centre Way
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
500 Discovery Dr
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Oyster Point Office
11783 Rock Landing Drive
Newport News, VA 23606