American Board of Pediatrics
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Todd’s arrival at CSG as a pediatric hematologist-oncologist marks a return home for him in several ways.
Dr. Todd completed his medical school and residency training in Hampton Roads at Eastern Virginia Medical School and CHKD. He returns now having completed a fellowship in pediatric hematology-oncology at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center where he focused his clinical and research efforts on bleeding and clotting disorders in children.
Dr. Todd draws his inspiration through making lasting connections with his patients and families and working closely with them to provide optimal care.
To that end, his research focus has been on the factors that influence adherence to medications used to treat bleeding and clotting disorders and how removing barriers to adherence can improve patient outcomes and satisfaction.
But even before he became a doctor, CHKD had a special place in his heart because his brother was born with trisomy 21, also known as Down syndrome, and received treatment at CHKD.
“Having such an amazing, caring institution in our backyard was a tremendous boon to my family, and now to come full circle and provide care to the people of my community is the stuff of fairy tales,” says Dr. Todd. “I have been inspired both as a sibling, parent, and trainee at CHKD and am ecstatic to serve as a partner alongside the tremendous staff that makes CHKD so phenomenal.”
As a Virginia Beach native, Dr. Todd is thrilled to return home with his wife and two children. When he’s not working, Dr. Todd can be found surfing, drinking (or home roasting) coffee, glass-blowing at the Chrysler Museum, or cheering for all things UVA – Wahoowa!
- Pediatric Bleeding Disorders
- Adherence and its impact upon patients taking anticoagulation
- Barriers to adherence behaviors
- Effects of mechanical circulation (ECMO, cardiopulmonary bypass) on bleeding, clotting, and inflammation
Honors and Awards:
- Congenital Heart Alliance of Cincinnati Research Grant Recipient
- Chief Fellow, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Resident Teaching Award Recipient
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society Member
- Gold Humanism Honor Society Member
- Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Doc” – 2023
Dr. Todd’s published research can be viewed at PubMed.
CHKD Main Hospital
601 Children's Ln
Norfolk, VA 23518