American Board of Pediatrics Pediatric Critical Care Med
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Jersey Shore University Medical Center
St. Louis University Glennon Children's
Dr. Fine entered into pediatric critical care medicine following her involvement with a camp for ventilator-dependent children held annually in Millville, PA. She has continued to volunteer at the camp for more than a decade. As a volunteer, she experienced the qualities needed to take care of the critically ill child as well as their family.
Following her fellowship in pediatric critical care at Saint Louis University School of Medicine, her passion for taking care of critically ill children led to her decision to work at CHKD.
- The medically complex child
- Global health
- Palliative care
- The resource burden of infections with rhinovirus/enterovirus, influenza, and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) in children
Honors and Awards:
- Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Doc” 2020, 2021
- Humanistic Healer Award, 2018
- SSMile, Recognition of exceptional customer service, Saint Louis University, SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital, 2017
- Fine, J, Bray-Aschenbrenner, A, Werner, J, and Williams, H. “Resource Utilization from Rhinovirus/Enterovirus in the PICU,” Critical Care Medicine, 44(12): 249, December 2016.
- Fine, J, MacLeod, R, Siu, A, Kooker, P, Kuo, Y, and Bautista, E. “Increased Neonatal Vancomycin Trough Levels and Incidence of Ototoxicity/Nephrotoxicity in the NICU,” Critical Care Medicine, 43(12):156, December 2015.
- Fine, J, Walters, B, Agnoni, A, Coppola, C, Scorpio, R, and Kennedy, A. “Pulmonary Hernia in a Two-Year-Old Child,” Case Reports in Surgery, vol. 2014, Article ID 792376, 3 pages, 2014. Doi:10.1155/2014/
- Fine, J. “Love Can Heal,” American Academy of Pediatrics, NJ Chapter, Summer 2014.
Community Involvement and Memberships:
Society of Critical Care Medicine
American Academy of Pediatrics
American Osteopathic Association
PA Vent Camp, Millville, PA
World Pediatric Project, Honduras
Sylvia's Children, Uganda
Community Care for Kids, Ecuador
CHKD Main Hospital
601 Children's Ln
Norfolk, VA 23518