American Board of Pediatrics
SUNY Upstate Medical University
Wilford Hall U.S. Air Force Medical Center
University of Virginia
American Academy of Pediatrics
Dr. Green arrived in Hampton Roads in 1991 after serving as a physician in the U.S. Air Force for six years. As a clinically focused neonatologist, he has been actively involved with improving and maintaining excellence in patient care for premature and seriously ill infants throughout the region. Dr. Green has also experienced personally rewarding global health endeavors, including multiple medical missions to Nicaragua and Kenya. He is proud to be a partner of Children’s Specialty Group and of its continued efforts to provide high quality medical care to the children of Hampton Roads.
- International medicine
Honors and Awards:
- Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Doc” 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Doc” 2014
- James W. Hayes, M.D. Pediatric Residency Faculty Teaching Award 2009
- USAF Commendation Medal
- USAF Meritorious Service Medal
- Camp Silver Beach Volunteer of the Year (2001, 2006)
- Sentara Healthcare 2002 Professional Excellence in Quality
- Green, G.A., Darnall, R.A., Snider, T.B. and Adams, J.M. Effect of aortic balloon inflation on ventilation and brainstem blood flow in piglets. J. Appl. Physiol.66(5):2174-2180, 1989.
- Darnall, R.A., Green, G., Pinto L. and Hart, N. The effect of acute hypoxic hypoxia on respiration and brainstem blood flow in the newborn piglet. J. Appl. Physiol. 70(1):251-259, 1991.
- Wood, B., Creekmore, P., Green, G., Huddleston, K., and Dubik M. Case report of inadvertent administration of Enteral Formula through the intravenous route. Neonatal Intensive Care. p36-37,July/August 1993.
- Allgood, N.L., Brownlee, J.R., Green, G.A. Inability to view the heart through the subxyphoid echocardiographic window: a harbinger of disaster. Pediatr. Cardiology 15:27-29, 1994.
- Khan, J.H., Wagner, A.L., and Green, G.A. Retinopathy of prematurity: new treatments for the new epidemic. VA Medical Quarterly • Fall (Oct./Nov./Dec.) 121(4):235-238), 1994.
- Hashimoto, LN, Bass, W.T., Green, G.A., Werner, A.L., and Regan, T.J. Radial microbrain form of micrencephaly:Possible association with carbamazepine. Journal of Neuroimaging 9(4):243-245, 1999.
- Bass, J.K., Bass, W.T., Green, G.A., Gurtner, P., and White, L.E. Intracranial pressure changes during intermittent CSF drainage. Pediatric Neurology Vol.28: 173-177, 2003.
- Bass, W.T., DeLoach, D., Khan, J.H., Green, G.A., Cunnion, K.M. Severe Cystic Periventricular Leukomalacia in a Premature Infant with Capnocytophaga Sepsis. Am J Perinatol Rep 2014;4:e73-76
- Kumar, R., Avilles-Otero, N., Khalsa, D.D., Green, G.A., Carmody, J.B. Caffeine Exposure and Acute Kidney Injury in Premature Infants with Necrotizing Enterocolitis and Spontaneous Intestinal Perforation. Pediatric Nephrology. Pediatric Nephrology Nov. 2018 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00467-018-4140-y)
- Siegfried, B.H., Tiffany, K.F. and Green, G.A. Neonatal resuscitation. In Manual of Obstetrics. (Eds.) Niswander, K.R. and Evans, A.T. Boston: Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins 2013.
- Green, G.A., Karlowicz, M.G., Karotkin, E.H. Neonatal resuscitation. In Manual of Obstetrics. (Eds.) Niswander, K.R. and Evans, A.T. Boston: Little, Brown and Company 1996; Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins 2000, 2006.
- Green, G.A. and Khan, J.H. Care of the high-risk neonate. In Conn’s Current Therapy. (Ed.) Rakel, R.E. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company 1996.
Community Involvement and Memberships:
Elder at First Presbyterian Church of Norfolk
Active in Tree of Lives
CHKD Main Hospital
601 Children's Ln
Norfolk, VA 23518
Neonatal Perinatal Medicine
- Faysal Akbik, MD
- Rachel Armentrout, MD
- W. Thomas Bass, MD
- Chrystal Braden, DO
- Kathryn Colacchio, MD
- Susannah Dillender, MD
- C W Gowen, MD
- Jamil Khan, MD
- Julia Lomax, NNP-BC
- Daley Owens, MD
- Kaitlin Ryan-Smith, MD
- Kirk Sallas, MD
- Tushar Shah, MD
- Kimran Sidhu, MD
- Brett Siegfried, MD
- Kenneth Tiffany, MD
- Rebecca Tucker, NNP