American Board of Allergy & Immunology American Board of Pediatrics
Florida State University College of Medicine
Eastern Virginia Medical School
University of Washington
Dr. Dunn is a board-certified physician in pediatrics and allergy/immunology.
He trained at CHKD for his pediatric residency and fell in love with the specialty of allergy and immunology after working in the allergy division at CHKD.
He moved to the Pacific Northwest after that, and was thrilled at the recent opportunity to return to CHKD.
He sees the full spectrum of conditions, including asthma, eczema, food allergies, hives, swelling, immunodeficiency, and immune dysregulation. He strives to incorporate evidence-based recommendations in evaluating and managing allergic and immunologic diseases.
Dr. Dunn and his family are thrilled to grow roots in this community. Outside of medicine, he enjoys being outdoors, hiking, and exploring with his family. On his days off, he will likely be found cooking or baking and enjoying the science behind food and nutrition.
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Food Allergy
Honors and Awards:
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honors Medical Society
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Rubio-Koehl Teaching Award (2019)
- Allergy/Immunology Resident Award (2018)
- Outstanding First Year Resident Award (2017)
- Chairman’s Recognition, Florida Board of Medicine (2017)
- J. Ocie Harris Outstanding Student Award (2016)
- Campus Dean’s Award (2016)
- Dunn CL, Dunn CP, Ayars AG. When long-standing hives are not chronic spontaneous urticaria. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2021 Jun.
- Dunn CP, del la Morena MT. “X-Linked Hyper IgM Syndrome.” 2007 May 31 [Updated 2020 Feb 20]. Gene Reviews. Seattle (WA).
- Dunn CP, Clingenpeel J, Lamb A. “Approach to the Pediatric Crying Infant in Emergency Setting.” Pepid Emergency Medicine. Apr 2017.
- Dunn CP, Altman L, Ochs HD. Atopic Dermatitis. Etzioni Primary Immune Deficiency. 1st edition. Submitted and accepted Jun 2021. Publication pending.
- Dunn CP, de la Morena MT. Immunologic Development and Susceptibility to Infection: Adaptive Immune Development. Principles and Practice for Pediatric Infectious Disease. 6th edition. Submitted and accepted Jan 2021. Publication pending.
- Dunn CP, Dunn CL, Petroni DP. Adverse Effect of Cyclosporine Not Previously Reported in Atopic Dermatitis. Cutis. Accepted Feb 2022.
Community Involvement and Memberships:
American Academy of Pediatrics
American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
Fort Norfolk Office
301 Riverview Avenue
Norfolk, Virginia 23510
Harbour View North Office
5832 Harbour View Blvd
Suffolk, VA 23435
1924 Landstown Centre Way
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
500 Discovery Dr
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Oyster Point Office
11783 Rock Landing Drive
Newport News, VA 23606