American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehab
School of Medicine at the University of Virginia
Harvard Medical School
Dr. Joyce grew up in Virginia Beach and graduated from University of Virginia Medical School.
She completed a residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at Harvard Medical School and a fellowship in sports medicine at Northwestern University.
Honors and Awards:
- Coastal Virginia Magazine “Top Doc” 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Ossur Americas Grant Recipient AMSSM Foundation
- Raven Society, University of Virginia
- Echols Scholar, University of Virginia
- Joyce AS, LaBella CR, Carl RL, Lai JS, Zelko F. The Post-Concussion Symptom Scale: Utility of a 3-Factor Structure. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. In press. Publication anticipated June 2015.
- Dharamsi AS, LaBella CR. Prevention of ACL Injuries in Adolescent Female Athletes. Contemporary Pediatrics. July 2013.
- Dharamsi AS, Carl RL. Bilateral Osteochondrosis of the Primary Patellar Ossification Centers in a Young Athlete: A Case Report. Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine. 2014;24(1):80-82.
- Suri P, Dharamsi AS, Gaviola G, Isaac Z. Association of Facet Joint Bone Marrow Lesions and Other Features with Low Back Pain: A Pilot Study. PM&R. 2013;5(3):194-200.
- Mautner K, Colberg RE, Malanga G, Borg-Stein JP, Harmon KG, Dharamsi AS, Chu S, Homer P. Outcomes After Ultrasound-Guided Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections for Chronic Tendinopathy: A Multicenter, Retrospective Review. PM&R. 2013;5(3):169-175.
- Dharamsi AS, Borg-Stein JP. Clinical and Radiographic Evidence of Subscapularis Tendon Repair after Non-Surgical Management Using Platelet Rich Plasma: A Case Report. Abstracts of Scientific Papers and Posters Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Association of Academic Physiatrists. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. 90(4) (Suppl 1):a1-a156, April 2011.
Community Involvement and Memberships:
Team physician for Indian River High School
Team physician, Chesapeake United Soccer Club
Team physician for Rush Soccer
Team physician for VB United
Fort Norfolk Office
301 Riverview Avenue
Norfolk, Virginia 23510
1924 Landstown Centre Way
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
500 Discovery Dr
Chesapeake, VA 23320