CSG physicians are committed to developing excellence in clinical services, education and research, which has led to numerous peer reviewed journal publications and presentations. Many of the CSG physicians and other providers are also members and leaders on national quality initiatives. Here’s a closer look at some of their recent outstanding achievements!
- An Implementation Research Case Study: Innovation in Ambulatory Infection Prevention
Eric Werner, MD, MMM, FAAP, Chief Medical Quality Officer, Children’s Specialty Group, Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters, Inc. Amy Billett, MD, Director of Safety and Quality, Pediatric Hem/Onc, Boston Children’s Hospital, Children’s Hospital Association Quality and Safety meeting in San Diego, March 7, 2018.
- CHKD congratulates Theresa Dr. Guins for her selection to the board of directors for the Society of Pediatric Urgent Care. Dr. Guins has been a part of this organization since its inception in 2015 and is a strong advocate for the society. She will make an outstanding member and advocate for pediatric urgent cares nationwide as this field continues to grow.
- Dr. Kent Reifschneider received the HealthCare Hero award 2018. Selected from approximately 100 health care providers nominated by patient/families and awarded based on specific ac-complishments, the measurable impact on the population served as well as exceptional (his recent publications in Diabetes Care 2017 and Journal of Clinical Medicine 2015 ) and unique efforts made by the provider within the community.
- January 2018 Southern Pediatric Otolaryngology Study Group Meeting (SPOSG) held in Palm Beach, Florida:
-Dr. Cristina Baldassari presented “Point-Counterpoint:Surgical management of tongue tie and lip tie in infants and young children”
-Dr. David Darrow presented “Office Documentation in Pediatric Otolaryngology”
- Pamela Kelman · Chelsea Wright Thompson · Wayne Hynes · Christian Bergman · Cameron Lenahan ·Joel S. Brenner · Michelle G. Brenner · Benjamin Goodman · Demetria Borges · Michael Filak · Holly Gaff; Rickettsia parkeri infections diagnosed by eschar biopsy, Virgin-ia, USA. Infection January 2018: https://doi.org/10.1007/s15010-018-1120-x
- Samantha Vergano, MD , co-author , Functional Dysregulation of CDC42 Causes Diverse Developmental Phenotypes. The American Journal of Human Genetics 102, 309-320. February 1, 2018.
- Dr. Tushar Shah – Elected into the Society for Pediatric Research (SPR), Dr. Shah’s election to SPR represents peer recognition of his research achievements in pediatrics.
- Congenital Methemogloginemia Type II in a 5-year-old Boy. Elizabeth A. Mannino, Thomas Pliuim, Jacob Wessler, Megan T. Cho, Jane Juusola and Samantha A. Schrier Vergano. Clinical Case Reports. Doi: 10.1002/ccr3.1310
- Kent Reifschneider, Karen Rubin, and Stuart A. Weinzimer, “Standardizing Clinically Meaningful Outcome Measures Beyond HbA1c for Type 1 Diabetes: A Consensus Statement of the American Association of Clinical En-docrinologists, the American Association of Diabetes Educators, the American Diabetes Association, the Endocrine Society, JDRF International, the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust, the Pediatric Endocrine Society.
- Hyperammonemia in Neonates: Looking Beyond Sepsis. Samantha A. Schrier Vergano, MD, Cynthia LeMons. MD. Neonatology Today. 2017;12(12) 15-16.
- Dr. Craig Derkay- Moderated the session on “Recurrent Respiratory Papillomatosis: The Changing Landscape for Prevention and Treatment” at the HPV and Head & Neck Forum at the 2017 EUROGIN International Multidisciplinary HPV Congress, October 8-11th in Amsterdam. His talk was entitled “Occupational Exposure to HPV:How Can We Best Protect Ourselves?”